- Stadium Series alumni event unveiled
- A Minnesota dream come true
- Housley gets call from the Hall
- Tribute to a transformation
- Schwartz: Wild must set sights on youth
- Save the date (July 31st) for MHM’s 3rd Annual Golf Event for Sending Kids to Camp
- 3-0 deficit a bitter pill for Wild
- Hawks put Wild’s season on the brink
- Schwartz: Parise keeps the pedal down
- Yeo’s even keel stabilizes Wild
Wild Prospects Traverse City Bound
- Updated: August 28, 2014
Minnesotans Walters, Warner invited by Wild to participate in Sept. 12-16 prospects tournament.
The Minnesota Wild announced today it will once again participate in the 2014 NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City, Mich., Sept. 12-16. Wild prospects, including Rosemount’s Ryan Walters (Nebraska-Omaha-NCHC) and Eden Prairie’s Hunter Warner (Waterloo/Fargo-USHL) will compete in the tournament’s Gordie Howe Division with the Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues. The Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes, Dallas Stars and New York Rangers will play in the Ted Lindsay Division.
Minnesota’s roster features a total of 12 Wild draft picks: G Alexandre Belanger (2013, 7th round), LW Raphael Bussieres (2012, 2nd round), C Reid Duke (2014, 6th round), D Matt Dumba (2012, 1st round), D Tanner Faith (2014, 5th round), RW Kurtis Gabriel (2013, 3rd round), C Tyler Graovac (2011, 7th round), G Johan Gustafsson (2010, 6th round), RW Pavel Jenys (2014, 7th round), D Dylan Labbe (2013, 4th round), C Chase Lang (2014, 6th round) and D Gustav Olofsson (2013, 2nd round) along with four free agents signed during the 2013-14 season: C Brady Brassart, D Christian Folin, D Guillaume Gelinas and RW Zack Mitchell. Iowa Wild Head Coach Kurt Kleinendorst and Assistant Coach Steve Poapst will lead the Wild prospects.
Click on image for expanded view of Wild’s Traverse City roster.