Eliminate Sugar from Your Diet
Eliminate sugar and watch your performance improve!
- Don’t add it to foods (i.e. cereal, coffee).
- Don’t be fooled by “healthy sugar” disguises: brown sugar, turbinado sugar, raw sugar …as far as your body is concerned they’re all basically sugar!
- Reduce/eliminate processed carbohydrates: foods like breads, bagels, most pastas and snacks are made from grains that are processed into flour which is converted to sugar in the body very quickly and will be stored as fat!
- Watch out for “fat-free” snacks: fat-free doesn’t mean calorie-free, and often it’s loaded with sugar.
- Read Labels: know what you’re putting in your mouth!
- Beware of artificial sweeteners (“NutraSweet/Aspartame, Splenda/Sucralose, Equal”): they are linked to a number of health problems including headaches/migraines, nausea, abdominal pains, fatigue, sleep problems, vision problems, anxiety attacks, depression, asthma, and chest tightness.
- Limit fruit: fruit should be limited to 1-2 servings per day. Fruit contains sugar, but does have nutrients and fiber.
- Eliminate fruit juice: it’s just the fruit sugar with none of the fiber and less of the nutrients that are found in the fruit itself.
Healthy sweeteners include things like honey, pure maple syrup, coconut, and stevia.
Helping you live more!™
The information in this document and on www.jilltiffany.com is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Jill Tiffany, CN, CPT. Jill encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.